A Complete Guide to Manage Basic Settings in Blogger
This is very important to configure your Blog using Basic Settings in your Blogger Dashboard. In this tutorial, you are going to learn how to —
- Manage Title and Description.
- Manage Privacy — list your Blog on Blogger and allow Search Engine to crawl your site.
- Add Custom Domain to your blog.
- Manage HTTPS Redirect.
- Manage Permissions — add Authors to your blog and who can see it.
Go to Blogger Basic Settings
- Sign in to Blogger with your Google Email and Password.
- Click the Down arrow in the top left, then choose your blog.
- In the left menu, click Settings > Basic.
Title, Description & Privacy Settings
- Title — You can edit or change your blog title from here.
- Description — A short description about your Blog. Maximum Characters are 500.
- Privacy — Set your blog here for Blog listing and Search engine visibility.
- Blog listing — Select “Yes” to list your blog on Blogger. By default, a Navbar is appeared at the top of the blogs are using Blogger Default Template. Your blog may be linked to its Next Blog link.
- Search Engine Visibility — Select “Yes” to allow Search engines to crawl your Blog. If “No” is selected, your blog will not visible to Search engines and not get any traffic from them.
Blog Address Setting
By default, your blog will be hosted on blogspot.com (blogname.blogspot.com). But if you wish you can set the blog on your own custom domain (for example: www.example.com).
Purchase a custom domain
Before you move your blog to a custom domain, you have to purchase a domain from the companies like GoDaddy.com, EasyDNS.com and others. Or if you’ve already purchased a domain then set the domain here.
Note: Whenever you will set a custom domain to your blog, that must begin with www like www.example.com not like
HTTPS Redirect Setting
If HTTPS Redirect is selected to “Yes”, visitors to your blog will always go to https://example.blogspot.com.
Manage Permissions of Your Blog
Using this feature, you can add people as author or admin, and can set your blog as public or private.
Add Authors to Your Blog
To add authors to your blog, enter the email address of the person you want to add or Choose from Contacts, then click Invite authors.
An invitation message will be sent to them. After they accept the invitation, they’ll be listed as an author immediately. But you change their role — Author to Admin or Admin to Author.
Who can see your Blog
Using Blog Readers section, you can choose who can see or read your blog. By default, your blog is public, and can be read by anyone on the web.
- Public — Your blog is open to all readers or visitors by default. Anybody can see your blog.
- Private – Only blog authors — Only the authors you’ve added can read your blog. Authors have to sign in to read this blog.
- Private – Only these readers — Only the readers you’ve added can read your blog. Readers have to sign in to read this blog.