How to Create a New Post using Blogger Post Editor
In this tutorial, I will show you how to create a new post using Blogger Post Editor and a bit description about — Publish, Save, Preview, Close, Update and Revert to draft buttons.
Go to Post Editor Page
- Sign in to Blogger with your Google Email and Password.
- In the left top, click this icon and choose the blog.
- In the left menu, click Posts > New post.
Create a New Post
To create a new post, follow the steps — insert a relevant title, insert content and labels and then publish.
Insert a Relevant Title
The title field is a field of what type of content you are providing. So always try to give a title that relevant to your content and keyword based.
Insert Content & Labels
- Insert Content — You can insert text, images, videos, etc. in the content area.
- Add Label — Insert at least one Label per post. Use comma “,” to separate labels.
Publish, Save, Preview and Close Buttons
You will see there are 4 buttons right now — Publish, Save, Preview and Close.
- Publish — To publish a post, click Publish button but make sure your post is completely ready.
- Save — If you are not interested to publish your post immediately then click Save button to save into Draft for now. All the saved posts can be found in Draft under the Post tab.
- Preview — Click Preview button to see a post how it looks like before publishing.
- Close — To close the page, click Close button. Make sure all changes are saved before closing otherwise you will get a message “You have unsaved changes that will be lost”.
Update and Revert to draft buttons
There are still 2 more buttons ─ Update and Revert to draft will appear after publishing a post.
- Update — If a post is already published then the Update button will appear. After editing or changing anything, click Update button to update the post again.
- Revert to draft — If you want to revert a published post to draft, then click the Revert to draft button.
Now I am providing an animate image below to show you how to create a new post simply —