Introduction to Blogger Post Editor Settings
This is very important to know how to work with Blogger Post Editor settings. Using this feature you will learn to —
- Insert Labels into post
- Change Published on Date & Time
- Set Custom Permalink
- Set a Location on a Post
- Control Reader comments
- Use HTML in Compose mode
- Choose a method to use Line breaks
Go to Post Editor Page
- Sign in to Blogger with your Google Email and Password.
- In the left top, click this icon and choose the blog.
- In the left menu, click Posts > New post or Edit post.
Blogger Post Editor Settings
Now I am going to teach you how to mange your posts using this feature one-by-one.
Insert at least one label per post and use comma “,” to separate labels. Existing labels will open up if the new label is matched while typing.
Set Published on Date & Time
You can set post Published on date and time manually. Generally It’s used to rearrange Blog’s posts or post order. So change your post Published date and time if needed otherwise not.
Set Custom Permalink
To set custom permalink to a post, click Permalink then select Custom Permalink. Avoid invalid characters always; don’t use <SPACE> between words, use hyphen (-) or underscore (_) instead.
Set a Location on a Post
To set a location on a post, click Location. Browser might ask you to allow it. Type a place name then hit Enter or click Search button. Click Remove button to remove the location.
Click Options to open it.
Control Reader comments
- Allow — It allows readers to comment on the post.
- Don’t allow, show existing — Readers are not allowed to comment but will see the existing comments.
- Don’t allow, hide existing — Readers are not allowed to comment and also won’t see the existing comments.
Use HTML in Compose mode
- Show HTML literally — HTML will show as a text if you used in Compose mode.
- Interpret typed HTML — If this option is selected
HTMLwill work in Compose mode. For example, if you insert this element <u>Underlined text</u> then the text will show as Underlined text on your post. HTML knowledge is required to use this option.
Choose a Method to use Line breaks
- Use <br> tag — You have to use <br> tag for line breaks.
- Press “Enter” for line breaks — You can press Enter for line breaks instead of <br> tag.